Why is LiveSpo Navax considered a potential solution for addressing future pandemics?
In the annals of human history, a series of formidable respiratory pandemics have left an indelible mark on societies, leaving profound impacts worldwide. These pandemics, driven by virulent pathogens and facilitated by increased global mobility, have periodically swept across continents, causing widespread mobility, mortality, and societal disruption From the Spanish flu of 1918 caused by the H1N1 s, stands as a haunting reminder of the potential devastation. Fast-forwarding to recent times, as you might not forget, the emergence of COVID-19 caused by the SAR-CoV-2 virus, which has instilled fear into all of humanity. It seems that there is no cure and no vaccine appears effective given the rapid mutations of the SAR-CoV-2 virus. This has raised the global issue, that an effective preventive strategy is extremely essential. These respiratory outbreaks not only result in significant loss of life but also reveal vulnerabilities in healthcare systems and the necessity for adaptable solutions
Figure 1: Virus and the threat of global pandemics (Source: Google)
In this context, the world’s first nasal-spraying Bacillus spore probiotic named LiveSpo Navax, invented by Dr. Nguyen Hoa Anh – Chairman of LiveSpo Pharma Co. Ltd., has emerged. This product showcases its roles and position as the “Perfect puzzle piece of vaccine” for “Proactively coping with future pandemics”, as well as LiveSpo Pharma’s strategy vision aimed at the goal of “For a future without antibiotics”.
Figure 2: Dr. Anh is introducing the product LiveSpo Navax at the BIO International Convention (Boston, 2023) (Source: LiveSpo Pharma)
In 2023, at the BIO International Convention, held from June 5th to June 8th in Massachusetts, USA, known as the premier annual exhibition for cutting-edge biotechnology solutions worldwide, LiveSpo made a remarkable debut as the first and only representative from Vietnam to participate in this prestigious international event. At the convention, LiveSpo unveiled a groundbreaking technology with multi-strain, high-concentration, and advanced probiotic spores preactivation technology, applied in the product known as LiveSpo Navax. This marks the world’s first nasal-spraying Bacillus spore probiotic that has been proven to reduce the concentration of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) by about 600 times and influenza virus by 400 times, delivering an effectiveness that is 26-50 times higher than physiological saline solution. Which, RSV refers to the virus responsible for causing respiratory tract infections in 80% of children under 2 years old for which there is no currently no vaccine or specific treatment available. The research findings have been documented and published in the world’s leading scientific journals such as Scientific Reports-Nature [1, ].
Figure 3: Effective reduction in RSV and flu concentrations after 2-3 days of treatment (Source: LievSpo Pharma R&D)
The question is, why is LiveSpo Navax considered a potential solution for addressing future pandemics? Let’s consider the following outstanding features of LiveSpo Navax:
- Outstanding performance: LiveSpo Navax has been proven to significantly reduce the concentration of RSV and flu virus. This effectiveness can play a crucial role in controlling and relieving the transmission risk of important respiratory diseases in the future.
- Probiotic spore Pre-activation technology: LiveSpo Navax probiotic spore pre-activation technology enhances the sustainability of probiotic spores in the product, ensuring its effectiveness even in challenging conditions.
- Multi-strain, high concentration: LiveSpo Navax contains multiple strains of probiotic spores at high concentrations, providing a diverse and robust defense against various types of viruses.
- Advanced product: In spray form, LiveSpo Navax is easy and convenient to use, allowing users to protect their personal and community health efficiently.
- Scientific validation: Research results on the effectiveness of LiveSpo Navax have been published in the leading scientific journal, building trust and credibility in the use of this product to address upcoming pandemics.
Additionally, the main cause of respiratory pandemics is predominately viral agents, with the most recent example being the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the rapid-involving SAR-CoV-2 virus. The emergence of new viral strains (mutated viral strains) presents a significant challenge to the medical and scientific communities.
Vaccines are currently regarded as the most effective means of preventing diseases. However, vaccines operate on a specific immune response mechanism, typically targeting one or a few specified virus strains. Under the complexity of researching, developing, manufacturing, and approving vaccines, they often cannot keep pace with the rate of vital mutations, leading to a substantial decrease in their effectiveness. This exposes vulnerabilities in the human fight against pandemics. Clearly, humanity needs to find a supplementary approach to avoid being overly passive in the face of pandemics. va
LiveSpo Navax is now offered as an excellent choice, in other words, it is a “Perfect piece” to fill the gap left by vaccines. LiveSpo Navax contains billions of beneficial probiotic spores with the ability to inactivate “NON-SPECIFICALLY” any virus they encounter. Specifically, a Bacillus probiotic cell can non-specifically capture and inactivate 8 different viruses . This mechanism operates right at the entry points of the virus into the body, such as the nose and throat. Consequently, it significantly reduces the viral load entering the lung, thereby sharing a considerable burden on the immune system. It’s worth noting that because LiveSpo Navax operates on a non-specific mechanism, its effectiveness is not impacted by the constant mutation of the virus. In other words, the probiotic spores of Navax can target and capture all viruses, including new strains for which humanity has not had the opportunity to develop the vaccine.
Figure 4: LiveSpo Navax – The world’s first nasal-spraying Bacillus spore probiotic for supportive prevention and treatment of Acute Respiratory Tract Infections
Moreover, LiveSpo Navax does not induce any undesired side effects, even in infants, young children, and pregnant women, who are groups that require extensive safety research and have not yet had access to vaccines or had access relatively late in the pandemic response.
The method of supporting the prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases using probiotic spores is a groundbreaking technological advancement that contributes to combating viral transmission, reducing antibiotic overuse, and minimizing the risk of antibiotic resistance. As a result, it plays a significant role in addressing the pressing issues faced by modern medicine when confronted with the potential outbreak and severe progression of various diseases caused by antibiotic resistance.
- Dien MT. et al. Nasal-spraying Bacillus spores as an effective symptomatic treatment for children with acute respiratory syncytial virus infections. Scientific Reports 12:12402 (2022).
- Tu TT. et al., Efficient symptomatic treatment and viral load reduction for children with influenza virus infection by nasal-spraying Bacillus spore probiotics. Scientific Reports 13:14789 (2023).
- Song, M. et al. Killed Bacillus subtilis spores as a mucosal adjuvant for an H5N1 vaccine. Vaccine 30, 3266–3277 (2012).